Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Baby, It's the Only Way to Fly"

These were the words of my 96-year old mother (kpp) when I complimented her on her positive attitude. I had asked her how she was, and she answered, "Super." Now I know that's not exactly spot on, but she would rather say that than complain. Props for that.

The only way to fly. I'm going to remember that every time I want to complain about some little insignficant thing. Perspective is everything.

Someone (not a friend) recently told me I was "deluded" (and later I believe she used the word "delustional" when I told her I thought of my parents as being in their sixties. (I know their chronological ages). However in spite of the "facts", they are both vibrant, though somewhat slowing down, still laugh at our jokes and have a lot of wisdom to impart. I don't think it is delusional to think young, or think of your loved ones as younger than they are. I think it's a blessing.

My mother is not delusional either -- She is super in every way! Age is only a number. You are as young as you feel. Go and live vibrantly! It will keep you young. And if you want to be coached around age, aging parents, or staying away from name-callers, get in touch with me! Coach Paula

No comments: