Friday, October 3, 2008

From Pearlin Siow, Author, Boss of Me!

From Pearlin Siow, Author, Boss of Me!
I have a strange problem-solving ritual…Whenever I come across a challenge and can’t think of a solution, I’ll take out a piece of paper and write this:
1. Challenge - list out the issue as clearly as you can.
2. Action 1 - leave blank
3. Action 2 - leave blank
4. Action 3 - leave blank
5. Timeline - usually a week

Then I will tuck the paper away and trust my mind to give me some ideas by the dateline stipulated. Letting my unconscious mind (before sleeping) run with the problem usually gives me pretty good ideas and somehow, even though the paper is hidden, my mind remains totally alert to it - drawing people, circumstances and events to provide solutions.
You’ll be surprised at what you can come up with.

No comments: